- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Maple
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Irish
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup of Catskills Mountains Sugar House maple syrup
3 oz dried cherries
4 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 spoons of butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray the inside of a 12 inches cast iron skillet with some nonstick cooking spray.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
4. Stir the eggs.
5. In another bowl, stir together the buttermilk and maple syrup.
6. Slowly add your wet ingredients to the flour and eggs. Mix until incorporated.
7. Add in cherries and butter.
8. Press the dough down into your prepared pan and brush the tops of the bread with butter.
9. Sprinkle some sugar over the top.
10. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until just golden brown.
You can melt the butter before adding it.
Keywords: Irish, soda, bread, maple