- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Cold prep
- Cuisine: Salads
In a large mixing bowl add:
- 3 bunches of Broccoli, cut into Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Minced Red Onions
- 1/4 cup Sugar or to taste, you could also use something like Splenda, if you do use Splenda make sure you put enough in for sweetness, to taste
- 1/4 cup Extra Light Olive Oil and 1/4 cup Hudson Valley Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar (I used a Pomegranate Red Wine)
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice, like Simply Orange, optional, but adds good balance for vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt, to taste
In a small bowl whisk together Hudson River SunFlower oil, extra light olive oil, vinegar, orange juice garlic powder and salt. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and pour over the Salad mixture.
Chill until ready to serve.
The extra light Oil added to the 1/4 of Hudson Valley Sunflower Oil as stated in recipe in order for the dressing to stick to salad ingredients.
Keywords: sunflower oil, salad, summer, spring, broccoli