- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Cuisine: Italian American
- 8 oz uncooked Sfoglini Hemp Rigatoni
- 16 oz Italian sausage ( spicy or mild)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy/ whipping cream
- fresh basil, torn to taste
- salt & pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Boil a salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook the rigatoni dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute the sausage meat and onion over medium-high heat in a skillet until browned (about 8-10 minutes), stirring it occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain a bit of the fat from the pan
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pan. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes (you may need to turn the heat down a bit if it starts bubbling too furiously).
- Stir in the cream, basil (if using), and season the sauce with salt & pepper as needed. Cook for another minute or two and then toss with the drained pasta.