- Prep Time: 13 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 5 medium button mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ small onion chopped finely
- 1–2 ounces white wine
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tsp Truffleist truffle oil – with truffle oil, less is more. I used less than a tsp.
- ¼ inch cubes of your favorite cheese (Fontina, Havarti, Gruyere, Feta or Blue)
- Syracuse Salt Co. Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- A few chives chopped
- 10 small tart shells
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in a little bit of butter and then add a splash of white wine. Cook until no liquid remains.
- Distribute mushroom duxelle into tart shells leaving enough room for cheese and custard.
- Add one cube of cheese to each tart shell
- Whisk egg yolk, cream, chives and truffle oil together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over mushrooms and cheese. Do not overfill as it makes a mess if you do.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until custard rises and sets.
Keywords: Mushrooms, truffle oil, tart